MOM, SC Mission Statement

MOM, SC is a Christian Ministry Outreach.

Single Mom Mission Outreach (SMMO) is an outreach to provide hope, healing and encouragement for single moms and children from single parent homes.


MOM, SC believes that when we are connected together in faith we flourish.


"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Refuge

"In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me."
Psalm 31: 1-2
 
"Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak."
Psalm 31: 9-10
 
 
It is truly amazing what God does when I take it all too Him. I can be completely exhausted and feel overwhelmed, but He gives me the strength I need. He answers those who call out to Him in their affliction (Job 36:15, Psalm 91). It is so incredibly mysterious and unexplainable in a human sense. As a single parent, it is so easy to feel weak, overburdened and overwhelmed. We wonder, "Will I make it through?" I've learned that the answer to this question depends on who I ask. In the Lord, the answer is always "yes!" And, for those who wait and call upon Him, He provides joy, peace and wisdom. If I rely on myself or look to the world to answer this question, I am met with even more exhaustion, frustration and disappointment.  
 
When I read His Word, He speaks to me. He comforts me. He restores me. He fulfills my empty cup. And, I am humbled. I am amazed by His great love for me. My weaknesses, in Him and because of Him, turn to strengths. My sorrow turns to elation. My emptiness is filled. My heavy-laden spirit soars. My worry turns to freedom. All of these things are because of the Lord. He gives me His grace. He shows me his love, kindness and mercy.
 
The Lord Sustains Me
 
When I feel I've had enough
And everything seems too tough,
 
The Lord calls to me.
"Come, I will set thee free."
 
When I'm exhausted and have nothing more to give,
The Lord beckons me and tells me He can make me live.
 
When my spirit feels heavy-laden and low,
The Lord draws near to me never letting go.
 
When it all seems too much and I just want to give up,
The Lord refills and overflows my once empty cup.
 
When I feel weak and my circumstances appear bleak,
The Lord provides the words to speak.
 
When I worry if I'll make it through,
The Lord instructs me - He shows me what to do.
 
"Come to Me, you who are weary and worn down.
Remember, it is I who wear the crown.
 
Those who fear upon the Lord and come to Me,
Their eyes will be opened to see.
 
For when you with your heart believe,
You are then ready to receive.
 
The mysteries of the Lord are great,
For those who upon Me do wait.
 
Only I am able to provide what you look for.
Seek Me and what you ask will be given when you knock upon My door.
 
The world will look at you in disbelief.
For they cling to the world's great thief to provide them with relief.
 
I will provide you with new and eternal life.
My greatest gift will be to take you from this earthly strife.
 
Only I can restore.
Seek Me and you will find your heart's desire for more." 

No comments:

Post a Comment