MOM, SC Mission Statement

MOM, SC is a Christian Ministry Outreach.

Single Mom Mission Outreach (SMMO) is an outreach to provide hope, healing and encouragement for single moms and children from single parent homes.


MOM, SC believes that when we are connected together in faith we flourish.


"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Sunday, September 30, 2012

Walking with Jesus

My Walk with Jesus

When my problems seem bigger than mountains, God gives me His peace and tells me not to lean on my own understanding.
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
*I walk with Jesus.*

When my heart aches from the sting of pain and betrayal, God comes to restore my broken heart and makes it new. 
He says, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26
*I walk with Jesus.*

When I am troubled by worldly things and feel fearful, God comes to remind me that this world is not my home.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.''  John 10:10
He tells me, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4
He knows "...the whole world is under the control of the evil one." 1 John 5:19
*I walk with Jesus.*

When it feels as though my circumstances offer little or no hope, God reminds me that hope and plans to prosper me are found in Him. They are His promises which He has written for my life.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
*I walk with Jesus.*

When my mind and thoughts are infested with confusion, God reveals to me what is in my heart and enables the Holy Spirit to cleanse my mind of ungodly things.
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..." Romans 8:1
"Godly sorrow brings repentenance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." 2 Corinthians 7:10
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2
"...and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5
"...For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34
*I walk with Jesus.*

When I am given a gift and am blessed continuously by God, He reminds me of just how much I am loved- that He would give His only Son for my soul, that He would put aside Himself for sinful me.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
*I walk with Jesus.*

When He provides me with what I need each and every day, He reminds me to live in the day's glory and splendor, focusing not on what tomorrow will bring but on the blessings held in the present day.
"So do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all of these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:31-33
*I walk with Jesus.*

When He lifts my spirit in times of great despair, He reminds me to seek Him out, to talk with Him, to be with Him, to find peace and solace.  
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2
*I walk with Jesus.*

When He calls me to provide counsel and minister to others, He reminds me that I am wonderfully made. I am made in His image, to be glorious for Him and to let His light shine through me.
"And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." Romans 8:30
"...let your light shine before men..." Matthew 5:16
"...you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life..." Philippians 2:15-16
"But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it." Ephesians 4:7
"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." 1 Peter 4:10-11
*I walk with Jesus.*

When He gives me His strength in my exhaustion, He reminds me how much I need Him to sustain me. I am humbled that I have a Savior I can go to who will listen, love and speak to me.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, he will never leave nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
"Allow no sleep to your eyes, no slumber to your eyelids. Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler." Proverbs 6:4-5
*I walk with Jesus.*
When I walk with Jesus...
My mindset is different. I live fully alive. I become the me I want to be.
I live the life God intended me to live.
*I walk with Jesus.*
*And I am different because of it.*

No comments:

Post a Comment