MOM, SC Mission Statement

MOM, SC is a Christian Ministry Outreach.

Single Mom Mission Outreach (SMMO) is an outreach to provide hope, healing and encouragement for single moms and children from single parent homes.


MOM, SC believes that when we are connected together in faith we flourish.


"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hope

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them."
Psalm 34:4-7
 
As I write this, it is the day before Christmas Eve. All is currently calm. And by calm I mean my soul is at rest. I can't help but reflect on the past year. A year ago, all was definitely not calm. Turmoil was to the left, to the right, to the front and to the back (I think there's a song for that). So much has changed in my life, and it has very little to do with me and a whole lot to do with the Lord and His promises. "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18).

Christmas has a whole new meaning for me this year. Now, don't get me wrong. I've always before seen "Jesus as the reason for the season," but this year it's different for me. I close my eyes and see that perfect little baby lying in a manger and I'm standing there right beside Him. My heart belongs to that sinless baby. I think about that baby and am overwhelmed with joy, thankfulness and praise that that little baby came to save me from my brokenness.

Christmas is about the hope we can find in that little baby. Christmas is about the unconditional, self-sacrificial love found in that little baby.

A year ago, my hopes and dreams were few and far between. I wondered if the emptiness I felt inside could ever be filled with joy and laughter again. Today, I have never felt more joy and have laughed as much as I do now. The emptiness I once felt is filled with hope and love because of what that little baby lying in a manger did for me. As for my dreams...I dream much bigger these days. I dream for the day I will be in the eternal presence of that little baby and finally be home...and fully complete.

Under the Shelter of Your Love

 
Under the shelter of Your love,
You watch over me from Heaven above.
 
All things in my life You have promised to work for good,
Having been predestined to be like Christ, as You knew I would.
 
Out of all the poor choices and broken dreams,
You still triumph and come to redeem.
 
You come to the oppressed to deliver and save.
We, in Christ, are no longer condemned by the grave.
 
My life because of You is anew.
You now ask that I do as You would do.
 
You see beyond that which has ripped me apart.
And see the goodness no longer hidden deep within my heart.
 
You ask me to patiently wait for Your call,
And in You will be the confidence to deliver Your message standing tall.
 
Within me is the Spirit of Life.
It drives out all worldly strife.
 
How humbled and privileged to be called to this greater purpose,
When surely I don't deserve this!
 
You have come to save,
And, with this, the peace of understanding You gave.
 
You have given me salvation.
It is Your proclamation.
 
You have healed me and made me whole,
Restoring my body, mind and soul.
 
You give me what I need and more than I've asked for,
Because it is me that You adore.
 
What a great gift this is,
And all because I AM HIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment