MOM, SC Mission Statement

MOM, SC is a Christian Ministry Outreach.

Single Mom Mission Outreach (SMMO) is an outreach to provide hope, healing and encouragement for single moms and children from single parent homes.


MOM, SC believes that when we are connected together in faith we flourish.


"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thankfulness

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4
 
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Psalm 91:11-12
 
"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10
 
 
Held safely in the palm of His hand. It did not escape me that there was very little I could humanly do as I held my precious baby in my arms. As his usually rambunctious and vibrancy for life quickly drained from his little body, the tears from my eyes increased. "Save him, Oh Lord," I pleaded. I begged. So fearful I was losing my son, I yelled louder as if that's what God needed in order to hear my desperate cries. "Please don't take him today, Lord! Not today." As I drove him to the hospital fearful of losing him, my thoughts turned to the Lord and I was reminded again we are not in control! Life is precious. It can change in an instant. God's ways and thoughts are not ours. He works all things for the good of those who love Him.
 
I'm unsure of the why behind what happened to my little boy Christmas day. But I am sure that the Lord's Will always prevails, and that He can take anything and bring good out of it. I am sure God had (has) His hand on my little boy today - and every day. Held safely in the palm of His hand.
 
And I'm so very thankful. I'm thankful and praise God that He gave me another day, another minute, another second with my sweet little boy. I'm thankful that the prayers of many were heard today. So much to be thankful for. Today, that little boy brought his mama closer to Jesus in prayer. That little boy brought a close family even closer together. That little boy brought many people to Jesus in prayer today. That little boy brought new faces and familiar faces together today. And that little boy reminded us all just how precious life is and just how much even 1 minute matters. Thankful. Held safely in the palm of His hand.
 
Thankful
 
I am amazed at what I see when I look all around.
So many blessings can be found.
 
My heart is filled with a joyous and thankful song.
May the Lord's praises be sung all day long!
 
From out of the trenches You have rescued me,
And have shown me a new way to be.
 
Only You could do such a marvelous thing.
How great is Your love to me - all praises to You I will sing!
 
Never Forsaken
 
You were there that day
When my world was falling away.
 
You called to me and spoke my name out loud.
I was so scared I was lost, but in You I was found.
 
Never by You was I forsaken.
But all along named and taken.
 
You came to get me that night.
In speaking my name, You told me it would be more than alright.
In You, I would be given new sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment