MOM, SC Mission Statement

MOM, SC is a Christian Ministry Outreach.

Single Mom Mission Outreach (SMMO) is an outreach to provide hope, healing and encouragement for single moms and children from single parent homes.


MOM, SC believes that when we are connected together in faith we flourish.


"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Saturday, March 9, 2013

Never Forsaken

"David also said to Solomon his son, 'Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."
 
1 Chronicles 28:20
 
"I can't do it," are the whimpering cries I hear coming through the door. Soon the cries become pleas for my help. "Help me mommy." Oh, how I feel that in my heart - it pierces. I want to break that door down and come and rescue my baby. Helpless, I sit just outside the locked bathroom door trying to provide soothing comfort, support and encouragement to a scared three-year-old who has managed to lock herself in the bathroom. "Honey, listen to my voice. Be still. Be quiet. I am right here. I can't do it for you, but I will coach you through this. I know you can do this." "No mama," she replies back with a whimper. "Yes, honey. You can! I know it seems hard, but you can do this!" I want her to believe it - to know that she can do this. But, I can't force that attitude on her. She has to be the one to believe it - to feel it in her heart.
 
I wonder if God feels like this with us at times. He was (IS) a parent. He loves us so much that He doesn't want to see us struggle, but He knows something we don't by allowing us to go through the struggles. His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). Through many struggles of my own, I have come to learn a very valuable lesson. There is learning in the struggle. Often times though, instead of being silent and ready to hear His voice for direction and guidance, we allow ourselves to focus on the fear and anxiety. And then we try to exert our own control. The more we try to exert our control the more freaked out we actually become. Be still. Be quiet. I am right here. Believe that I am right here with you (Psalm 46:10). I can't do it for you, but I will coach you through it. I know it seems hard, but you can do this.
 
As God says in 1 Chronicles 28:20, never will He forsake us. He will not leave us to go at this journey alone. Do not be afraid. Don't give up. Push through it no matter how hard and difficult it seems. Keep Me at the center. Quiet the fear inside by focusing on Me. I am bigger than your worst problems. I AM (Exodus 3:14)...the Healer (Psalm 103:3, Exodus 15:26)...the wise Counselor you need and seek (Psalm 16:7)...the Protector who will watch over you as you sleep (Psalm 70:5, Isaiah 59:20, Jeremiah 50:6)...the Provider for your every need (Genesis 22:14).
 
I'm coming to learn that if God is allowing me to go through something big, there is something He needs me to learn. The struggle is for me to grow (I like to think that single parenting is for those of us on the "fast track." So much struggle and challenge surely equals growth at exponential rates!).
 
"Turn the middle part of the door handle to the right." "No did it, mama. Help me." "Honey, you're holding on to the door handle as you try to unlock it. Let go of the handle. Trust me. Try it." I wonder if those very words that come out of my mouth aren't symbolic.

My child, let go of the handle. Trust Me. Try it. (And if you can't get out, I'll break the door down to rescue you.) I will work all things for your good when you trust Me, when you love Me with your whole heart. And if you turn left when you should have gone right, I'll come to get you. I will redirect you, My lost sheep. For it is you I will surely keep. Never will I abandon you. Never have I left you. I've always been there, and it is Me you will finally see when you seek Me with all your heart. Because I am your heart's desire, I live in you. Since you have received Me, forsaking all the rest, you will be blest. You will know Me. You will hear Me. I will free you from fear and the mystery of Me will itself reveal.
 
Safe in My Father's Arms
 
Oh, Jesus, how great is Thy love for me.
So much so that it has set me free.
 
In moments of deepest despair,
Your love outshines. It is always there.
 
You call out to me,
Opening my eyes Your kingdom to see.
 
You have shown me how Thy love is most real.
For You have sown it within my heart to feel.
 
Safe in my Father's arms,
I am free from all evil and harm.
 
Like a lost sheep,
It is me that You safely keep.
 
You draw me near,
And there is nothing that I need to fear.
 
When I am centered in Your will,
You calm the storm within to be still.
 
Peace and joy abound,
As the Lord's presence I feel all around.
 
 
PS. She managed to get out. Deep down I knew she would. God always provides a way out (1 Corinthians 10:13; Isaiah 43:19). 

No comments:

Post a Comment