MOM, SC Mission Statement

MOM, SC is a Christian Ministry Outreach.

Single Mom Mission Outreach (SMMO) is an outreach to provide hope, healing and encouragement for single moms and children from single parent homes.


MOM, SC believes that when we are connected together in faith we flourish.


"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Saturday, October 27, 2012

Joy

"For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy."
1 Thessalonians 2: 19-20

I haven't lost it all but have in fact gained everything.

For a long time I thought I had lost it all - my family, reputation, financial security, health and heart. But, it is when I "lost" these things that I in fact gained so much more than I ever imagined could be possible. There is nothing now "ordinary" and "comfortable" about my life. And, I am finding I like it that way. There are so many mysterious things that God puts in my path everyday. In hindsight, I think they've always been there but I am now able to actually see them.

My heart treasured the things above, but the Lord came to show me that all of these things can be taken from me. In Him there is unconditional love, acceptance, security, peace and joy. So much joy...He came to show me that my heart's desire is for a relationship with Him. When the Lord is my center and my heart's treasure, I have this incredible joy. I want to live different. When the Lord lives within my heart, I see the world and people differently. I see things through the lens of the Lord. It is not condemning yet loving (Romans).  

It is understanding that we're all fighting against the same enemy. When I look to the Lord, I can live life to the fullest despite what is happening around and to me no matter how bleak things may appear (John 10:10). Because no matter what happens to me and my children, we are in the Lord's hands. We are HIS (Isaiah 43:1), and I am Healed In Suffering.

There is such power in picking up the Lord's Word and reading it. But, when you come to feel the presence of God within your heart, you cannot contain the joy. You want to shout out in praise and thanks for what He has done for you.

I once read something that said the devil hates all things loved by the God, and he attacks those who love the Lord and follow Him. I think of how remarkable it is then that the God of the universe loves me so very much (Ephesians 1:4), because the devil has been pretty outspoken about his feelings towards me! For a relationship with the Lord, I would give it all up. My Jesus is the most constant real, everything I have (Philippians 3:7-8). Thank you for rescuing me Jesus...

Joy

Inside my heart feels ready to explode.
For your story is the greatest one ever told.

How honored and humbled I am of this story to be a part.
You have given Your power, the Holy Spirit, to dwell within my heart.

When I choose to honor You in each and every step,
I come to know You with even greater depth.

When I choose to honor You through it all,
Nothing can separate me from You. I will not fall.

No fear can bring me down.
Not when it is my Jesus who wears the righteous crown.

When I understand the gifts that You give,
Acting out in love is how I want to live.

I want my thoughts, actions and words to be instruments of praise.
For you have filled me with joy and purpose in unimaginable ways.

I have found the secret to this life on earth.
It has been given to me by the Lord through rebirth.

When relationship with You is my goal.
Filled beyond measure is my heart and soul.

I am filled with gratitude for You Almighty and Gracious One.
For what an incredible thing for me You have done!

Let me therefore never be the same,
As I loudly declare and bring witness to Your holy name!

Amen! Amen! I will shout from the mountain top.
Let glory, honor and praise to You never stop!

Oh, most Merciful God, I bow before You in awe.
For it is with my heart, the presence of God I most certainly saw! 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this, oh so true! As I read through your poem I had a huge smile on my face. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, you are a great writer and inspiration. I can surely relate.

    ReplyDelete