MOM, SC Mission Statement

MOM, SC is a Christian Ministry Outreach.

Single Mom Mission Outreach (SMMO) is an outreach to provide hope, healing and encouragement for single moms and children from single parent homes.


MOM, SC believes that when we are connected together in faith we flourish.


"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19


Saturday, November 3, 2012

God's Power

"All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:25-27

I'm coming to realize just how powerful God truly is. Don't get me wrong. In my mind I always knew of His mighty power. But, it wasn't until I felt the mysterious power of the Lord within me that I am now completely awestruck by just how great it truly is!

Consider John 14:25-27 for a minute. God's presence with us is the Holy Spirit within. Although Jesus is not "physically" present, He has given us the Holy Spirit to live like Jesus, to be reminded of His ways, to know His knowledge and wisdom, to be ambassadors for Christ and to have the feeling of belonging. We belong to Christ!

So often it is easy to feel abandoned and alone as a single parent in this world. But, He never abandons or leaves us. When the Holy Spirit is within us, we are NEVER alone, and we always have a partner and a place of belonging. No matter where we are or what circumstance we face we can call upon the Lord to help us, and He will be there. What an amazing gift this is. NEVER ALONE. To feel this, read and study God's Word. Ask Him to walk with you, to heal the broken places in your heart and to show you what unconditional love and acceptance is.

The Holy Spirit makes His home within those who love the Lord (John 14:23). Those who do not know the Lord cannot begin to describe His majesty and power, because they do not seek Him. When the Lord lives within your heart you know it (John 14:16-18). Your love for Him and His holy power make you want to live differently.

 
God's Power
 
In my affliction I call out Your holy name.
Thy name is power and ordinary is no longer the same,
And in my afflicted state I no longer remain.
 
In hearing Thy name,
Your enemies fall down on their knees and cower.
For great and supreme is that of the Lord's power.
 
When Your praises are sung out,
Gone are the devil's strongholds of worry and doubt.
 
I cannot be held down and buried,
When it is by the Lord I am carried! 

No comments:

Post a Comment